In schools, nursing teacher, school health coordinators and diet and nutrition teachers (school nutritionists) work to safeguard children’s health on an ongoing basis.
School doctors, school dentists and school pharmacists also participate in school health and health education provision.
School health also depends on the collaboration and support provided by local communities and by various related organizations.
The Society’s directors, auditors and trustees, and the members of its various committees, are made up of persons recommended by the following organizations, as well as by persons with relevant knowledge and experience or persons working in relevant fields, who are recognized as such by the Society.
The Society’s Constituent Organizations
(Please note that these organizations have not been listed in any particular order)
- Individual prefectures’ or ordinance-designated cities’ school health associations (or federations)
- Japan Medical Association (JMA)
- Japan Association of School Dentists
- Public Interest Incorporated Association Japan Pharmaceutical Association
- Public Interest Incorporated Association Japan Ophthalmologists Association
- The Oto-Rhino-Laryngological Society of Japan, Inc.
- Japan Federation of Primary School Principals Association
- All Japan Junior High School Principals’ Association
- National Association of Upper Secondary School Principals
- National Association of School Health Coordinators
- National Liaison Committee of Yogo Teacher
- Public Interest Incorporated Association School Dietitian Conference of Japan
- Public Interest Incorporated Association National Congress of Parent-Teacher Association of Japan
- General Incorporated Association National Federation of Upper Secondary School Parent-Teacher Associations of Japan